Enjoy the unique atmosphere of a beautiful baroque church in the heart of Old Town which is underpinned by the excellent performances of artists, mostly from the National Theatre and Czech Philharmonic Orchestra. Sit back and relax as this magnificent space is filled with the beautiful sounds of classical music.
- Experience the thrill of hearing the Prague professional musicians perform orchestral, organ, chamber and choir music
- Enjoy the charm of a Baroque church while listening to classical music
- Immerse yourself in the splendid interior and perfect acoustics of St.Nicholas church
- The church is also home to an immense Baroque organ, played by Mozart himself in 1787
The Baroque Church of St. Nicholas was built by the father-and-son architects Christoph and Kilian Ignaz Dientzenhofer between 1732 and 1737. The church has been called the most beautiful building of the Czech Baroque. The magnificent interior is dominated by a ceiling fresco over the nave by J. L. Kracker featuring scenes from the life of St. Nicholas, which is one of the biggest in Europe. The complexity of the arrangement of the interior, along with the interesting lighting scheme, is one of the most impressive church interiors in Prague.
Throughout the one-hour performance, you'll enjoy a number of classical works composed by European musical virtuosos including G. F. Handel, Johann Sebastian Bach; Antonio Vivaldi, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, and others. You'll also have the opportunity to listen to several pieces by classical Czech musicians such as Antonín Dvořák, one of the country's most well-renowned composers.
You can choose between the orchestral, organ, chamber or choir compositions. The program changes on a day to day basis.
- Ticket for the performance
- Printed Program in English
Meeting point info
- St. Nicholas church, Staroměstské náměstí 1101, Praha 1 – Staré město
Meeting point map
Know before you go
- The church is open 30 min before the start of the performance
- Free choice of seating available (first come first serve)
- It is advisable to wear warm clothing for the concerts
- Blankets are available in case you feel chilly
- No official dress code for concerts, attire is mostly smart casual
- If you want to know the detailed program for a specific day you can contact us by email
- Cancellation policy for group of 10 people or more may differ from our standard cancellation policy due to high demand
- There is not WC inside the church
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (18+)
- *ℹ Only valid with student ID (public transport pass) or other document that proves the study (ISIC)
- Not wheelchair accessible