Do you want to be the master of your own time? Don’t want to be dependent on a guided group tour? Come with us and explore Kutna Hora, famous for the silver mines and Sedlec Ossuary with our eGuide app. Become your own guide and experience a day in Kutna Hora at your leisure. This tour is divided into two parts: a short excursion in Sedlec and the world-famous Ossuary as part of the main tour of Kutna Hora.
- Discover Sedlec Ossuary, one of most unique burial grounds in the world
- Explore the historic center of this UNESCO-listed town
- Walk along streets lined with Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque townhouses
Kutná Hora, a medieval silver mining centre, was once the second richest city in the Kingdom of Bohemia. The former wealth of the town is reflected in the variety of architectural monuments and in the preserved structure of the town centre. The tour of Kutná Hora will not only take you to St Barbara’s Cathedral but also to many beautiful gothic, renaissance and baroque townhouses as well as to visit a Unixe stone fountain from the 15th century.
You will also visit one of the most interesting burial grounds in the world: the Sedlec Ossuary. This chapel is decorated with more than 40 000 human bones, arranged into a chandelier, the Schwarzenberg Coat-of-Arms, and so on. Kutná Hora has been on the UNESCO list of cultural heritage sites since 1995.
When you arrive at our meeting place you will receive a unique QR code which unlocks your purchased sightseeing tour. The eGuide application combines an original audio guide with a map. On the bus you can listen to interesting information about the town and upon your arrival you will see a map displaying the tour route with written and audio commentary.
- Transfer from meeting point to Kutna Hora, Sedlec and back
- Mobile application eGuide
- Tour Guide
- Entrance Tickets
Meeting point info
- Na Příkopě 23, Praha 1 (the street between Municipal House and the bottom of Wenceslas Square)
Meeting point map
Know before you go
- Bring comfortable shoes
- Be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start of your tour. Latecomers will not be reimbursed.
- The eGuide is available in nine languages: English, German, Czech, Spanish, French, Russian, Italian, Portuguese and Polish
- You will have 4 hours freetime to explore Kutná Hora and Sedlec with your eGuide
- This tour does not include a hotel pick up and drop off
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (18+)
- Stroller accessible
- Wheelchair accessible