Travel back in time and explore the Renaissance period of Prague under the reign of the Habsburg Emperor Rudolf II. Take a one-hour walking tour through Old Town to see how the city looks in present-day Prague. After the walking tour, you will be immersed in a virtual tour of Prague in 1593. Prepare to be captivated by the comparison between the past and present! Perhaps you will even meet the legendary Golem!
- Spectacular view of Prague Castle and Charles Bridge
- Pleasant walk through Prague’s Jewish Quarter and Old Town Square
- Unique time travel with a 3D Virtual Reality Experience (ca. 20–25 minutes).
Travel back in time and explore the city in the time of Emperor Rudolf II, the last Habsburg who had his main residence in Prague. Back then Prague became an important centre of European politics, culture and science. Meet your tour guide right in the centre near Charles Bridge and have a short walk through the Old Town of Prague. See the house of the imperial mathematician and astronomer Johannes Kepler and enter the Jewish Quarter that also flourished significantly during Rudolf’s reign. There, you can admire the world’s oldest active synagogue and hear the famous legend about the Golem of Prague.
After a pleasant walk through Old Town - where you can see some of the preserved Renaissance houses - you will enter the largest virtual reality experience in Europe. Using a time machine, you will go back to Prague, 1593!
- Professional Guide
- Virtual Reality ticket
- Special 10% discount coupon to Hamleys
- 10 minutes of arcade VR adventure
Meeting point info
- Křižovnické náměstí, by the statue of Charles IV., our guide will hold an orange umbrella.
Directions: the nearest public transport stop is "Staroměstská" (tram,bus,metro A).
Meeting point map
Know before you go
- Bring comfortable shoes
- Be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the start of your tour
- Wear warm clothing in autumn/winter time and bring umbrella in case of rain
- Minimum age is 8 years and children must be accompanied by an adult (18+)
- Not wheelchair accessible