This 3-hour walking tour introduces you to the history of the Jewish people in Prague in a broader context of the city. Enter the unique monuments of the former Jewish ghetto such as the extremely well-preserved Old Jewish Cemetery and the oldest active synagogue in Europe! During your visit to the other synagogues, you will explore the collections of Prague’s Jewish Museum. Take a little break in the local coffee shop to sip a cup of coffee and taste delicious cake. Afterward you can continue to visit the famous Astronomical Clock and experience the enchanting history of Old Town Square – all this with a knowledgeable local guide!
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
Food and drink
- Charles Bridge with a spectacular view of Prague Castle
- Jewish Quarter and its most important monuments – the Old New Synagogue, Old Jewish Cemetery and much more
- Old Town Square with its famous Prague Astronomical Clock
- Enjoy delicious cup of coffee or other drink with a sweet treat while having a pleasant mid-tour break cake
Start the tour in the very heart of the city – by Charles Bridge – and enjoy one of the most beautiful views of Prague. As you head to the old Jewish Quarter (once the largest Jewish settlement in Europe) you will learn about the turbulent history of Jewish people in the Czech Republic. Afterward you will view the well-preserved Jewish monuments – six historic synagogues, the Old Jewish Cemetery and the Jewish Town Hall. Your guide will unveil some of Jewish Town’s old stories and legends connected to this specific part of Prague, such as the legend about the Golem. Walk in the footsteps of Franz Kafka and experience the environment that shaped this Jewish writer who is regarded as one of the most influential authors of the 20th century.
After short break in a coffee shop where you can relax over a cup of coffee and delicious cake, continue to Old Town Square, an old marketplace, originally founded in the 11th century. This beautiful square is dominated by the splendid gothic Church of Our Lady Before Týn, the monumental Church of St. Nicholas, and the medieval Old Town Hall with the famous Astronomical Clock which has been measuring time for over six centuries. If time remains, our guide will lead you through the streets lined with picturesque buildings and churches. You will have a taste of more of the countless sights and monuments in Old Town, be it Mozart’s favourite Estates Theatre, the medieval college of Prague University or the jewel of Cubist architecture – the Black Madonna House.
- Professional guide
- Ticket for Jewish museum in Prague: Old New Synagogue, Maisel Synagogue, Pinkas Synagogue, Old Jewish Cemetery, Klausen Synagogue, Ceremonial Hall, Spanish Synagogue
- Coffee/other soft drink and cake
Meeting point info
- Křižovnické náměstí, by the statue of Charles IV., our guide will hold an orange umbrella. Directions: the nearest public transport stop is "Staroměstská" (tram,bus,metro A).
Meeting point map
Know before you go
- Bring comfortable shoes
- Be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the start of your tour
- Wear warm clothing in autumn/winter time and bring umbrella in case of rain
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (18+)
- *ℹ Only valid with student ID (public transport pass) or other document that proves the study (ISIC)
- Not wheelchair accessible