Imagine an abandoned temple in the rainforest, which gradually absorbs the surrounding vegetation. The trees grow into the walls, the vines surround the defenseless statues... Now imagine that it is in such a place that butterflies live happily and flutter around. There are hundreds and hundreds of them. And they are the most beautiful butterfly species on our planet! You don’t have to venture to the jungles of South America or distant Asia for such an experience, but can enjoy it right in the center of Prague!
- anytime between 10:00 a.m. - 08:00 p.m.
- Get ready to meet the most beautiful butterflies from Thailand, the Philippines, the rainforests of South America, and Mexico
- Inside Papilonia's 150 m² butterfly house, you will see hundreds of exotic butterflies with wingspans of up to 20 cm
- Take as many pictures as you like, there will be butterflies flying all around you
- Stop at the hatchery as well - with a little luck you will be able to see a butterfly hatching from its chrysalis
Papilonia is a butterfly house under artificial lighting, which is a globally unique attraction. The climate here is the same as in a tropical jungle, the area of the butterflies’ natural habitat. Each area of Papilonia’s flight zone has its own unique style, making the atmosphere of the tour an unparalleled experience.
You will observe hundreds of specimens from nearly thirty of the most beautiful species of butterfly on Earth. There are no barriers between guests and the butterflies. Our butterflies are not afraid of people. A winged beauty may thus land on you at some point.
Photography is not limited or charged in the butterfly house. Therefore, always have a camera ready in case a "flying gem" chooses your shoulder for landing and a short rest.
The hatchery with butterfly chrysalises will be right in front of your eyes, and you may even be lucky enough to witness them hatching from cocoons and stretching their wings for their very first flight.
Meeting point info
- Inside Hamleys Toy Shop, Na Příkopě 854/14, Praha 1 - 110 00
(Near „Můstek“ subway station – Line A and B)
Meeting point map
Know before you go
- Butterflies love colourful clothes, we recommend to wear a bright yellow T-shirt
- Your visit is self-guided, so it can be as long or as brief as you would like
- Feel free to take pictures, but please don't pick up or handle the butterflies, they could be injured and possibly die
- Children must be accompanied by an adult (18+)
- Wheelchair accessible